Sandy, Oregon Housing Update
The real estate market for Sandy, Oregon has been cooling off in recent weeks. Inventory of available listings, median asking price and average days on market have all stayed more or less flat; although market action in the form of buyers making purchases has been on a somewhat downward trend. The latest Sandy, Oregon housing market statistics don’t point in a clear direction either up or down. However, if buyer activity remains weak it may result in downward pricing pressure in the coming fall and winter season. Currently there are 174 residential real estate listings in Sandy, Oregon of which 18 listings are short sales. If you’re behind on your mortgage and want a positive solution give us a call today. We’re SFR (Short sale Foreclosure Resource) Certified Realtors with the experience to get the job done right.
- Top/1st Housing Quartile for Sandy, OR: 1st quartile properties For the greater Sandy area have a median asking price of $540,000. These homes average a spacious 3200 square feet on expansive acreage lots in the 5-10 acre range. This category averages 115 days on market. With one home purchased and no new listings in the category it will be interesting to see how home values and market conditions develop in this category.
- Upper/2nd Property Quartile in Sandy, OR: At $309,000 offered price for homes around 2082 square feet on 0.5-1.0 acre lots, the upper/2nd real estate quartile in Sandy, Oregon represents a comparable value (albeit sans the acreage of the 1st quartile). With 3 new listings compared to 2 sold in the price range we could see a few of the higher-priced homes in this quartile reduce their prices if things continue as such. That said, at 94 days on market at least there’s decent turnover.
- Lower/3rd Real Estate Quartile for Sandy, OR: Value priced at $239,394 these homes are generally newer construction around 1753 square feet of living space placed on very small subdivision lots averaging less than 4500 square feet of total lot size. Average year built for this category is 6 years ago, meaning that many of these homes were purchased and/or constructed on the cusp of the housing crash. As such, those who purchased homes in this category may be trying to sell and may also fall into the short sale category. With 4 new listings and 3 sold listings some people are managing to sell. Although the 3rd quartile’s 166 days on market is the highest of all the quartiles in Sandy, Oregon.
- Bottom/4th Housing Quartile in Sandy, OR: Sandy, Oregon homes for sale in the 4th quartile have a median of $194,900 for with an average of 1492 square feet of living space on decent sized neighborhood lots around 8,001-10,000 square feet. There were 4 new listings and 0 sold listings in this 4th quartile. Which could be a big sign that prices may be about to settle unless some of these reasonably priced listings sell soon.
Quartile Housing Data: Sandy, Oregon
Canby Short Sale & Housing Market
The median asking price for Canby, Oregon real estate listings is currently $319,900 with an average of 144 days on market. The average time a property stays active on RMLS has been steeply trending up as of late while the number of properties has been falling. There are 134 residential Canby real estate listings of which 14 are in short sale. We may be witnessing early market softening in terms of days on market increasing and decreased activity from strong, well-qualified buyers. Some seasonal slowing is normal and can keep prices from inflating into another bubble. However, too much slowing could lead to more rounds of price reductions. If you need to sell your property in Canby, Oregon but need a short sale specialist make sure to call us to learn how our experience can help you.
- Top/1st Quartile Canby, OR: Top tier properties for sale in Canby, Oregon are at a median of $539,000 for homes in the 2613 square foot range on acreage lots averaging 5.0-10.0 acres. These top-tier Canby, Oregon homes for sale have spent an average of 196 days on market although for this week, 2 have sold with no new listings in the category.
- Upper/2nd Quartile Canby, OR: Homes in this category are listed at a median of $356,950 with 131 days on market. Upper/2nd quartile Canby real estate listings average 2231 square feet of living space on lot sizes in the 8,001-10,000 square foot range. Unlike the 1st quartile, these Canby residential properties are selling at a faster rate, with 131 average days on market.
- Lower/3rd Quartile Canby, OR: At a median of $292,450 and 1863 square feet of living space the lower/3rd quartile may be more popular due to affordability. This category’s 119 average days on market makes the lower/3rd quartile the fastest selling property group in Canby, Oregon’s housing market. The 2 new listings don’t quite replace the 3 sold in this Canby real estate quartile.
- bottom/4th Quartile Canby, OR: Median list price for the lowest Canby real estate quartile is $220,000. Homes in this category average a modest 1376 square feet of living space on a neighborhood lot size similar to the 2nd and 3rd quartiles. The main distinguishing factor is that these 4th quartile properties have less living space and were constructed an average of 17 years before the 3rd quartile listings. With one new listing and none sold, there isn’t much activity to report for this category.
Canby, Oregon Housing Market Quartile Data
Molalla, Oregon Housing, Short Sale Report
Real estate in Molalla, Oregon has been somewhat flat lately, with the median asking price for residential homes for sale at $249,900 with an average of 147 days on market. Inventory is trending up while market action from well-qualified buyers is flagging somewhat. Please note that some seasonal adjustment is normal for a healthy real estate market so it remains to be seen whether we’re witnessing a nascent settling period or merely a seasonal pause in housing market activity. Currently, 15 of the RMLS listings in Molalla are in short sale, out of 108 total residential listings. Recent price improvements have lifted many home owners out of the red but there’s still a high number of properties that qualify for short sale in Molalla. If you’re behind on your mortgage and want a constructive solution, call us to learn more about how a short sale can help you. We’re experienced, SFR Certified Realtors and we’ll get the job done right.
- Top/1st Quartile Homes in Molalla, Oregon(acreage): These top tier Molalla, Oregon properties feature the wide open spaces you’ll only get with 20+ acre lots. All that acreage comes at a price though, with the current median asking price at $599,498. Homes in this category average 2793 square feet of living space meaning there’s room for the entire family. With 3 new listings, 1 sold, and 226 average days on market there may be price reductions in the future of these sought-after acreage and equestrian properties.
- Upper/2nd Quartile Molalla Properties(acreage): Homes in the upper/2nd category for Molalla, OR have a median offered price at $349,250 with more modest acreage lots in the 5.0-10.0 acre range and an average of 1667 square feet of living space. There has been little activity in this price range either way with no new listings but only one property sold. Average days on market are at 153.
- Lower/3rd Quartile Properties in Molalla, OR: Homes in this quartile are on neighborhood sized lots in the town of Molalla proper; as compared to many of the higher end properties that are on acreage lots outside the city limits. With 1460 square feet of living space and only 66 days on market it appears that buyers have been very active in this category. Although with 4 new listings compared to only one sold it may be that buyer activity is tapering off.
- Bottom/4th Quartile for Molalla, OR: These entry-level Molalla, OR properties are listed at an affordable median of $145,000 and average 1310 square feet of living space. Lot size is very similar to the listings in the 3rd quartile with homes in the bottom quartile averaging a bit newer in terms of year built. With 146 days on market, Molalla real estate in this category isn’t exactly flying off the shelves. There wer 3 new listings and 2 sold properties in this category.
Molalla, Oregon Housing Quartile Information